ILYA REPIN AND HIS TIME IN LIGHT OF RECENT RESEARCHES: PANEL DISCUSSION AT THE RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF ARTS
The Russian Ministry of Culture and the Research Institute of Theory and History of Fine Arts of the Russian Academy of Arts invite you to attend the panel discussion “Ilya Repin and His Time In Light of Recent Researches”, that will take place in the White Hall of the Russian Academy of Arts (21 Prechistenka street, Moscow) on February 19, 2020 at 10.30 am.
Repin’s role in the history of fine arts has never been underestimated even by his ideological opponents, his name has never been forgotten and in the middle of the 20th century Repin’s work of the heyday period were elevated to the rank of exemplary realistic art. Every decade has searched for and found “its” own Repin who would correspond to aesthetic and human time requests. These days, such kind of image “construction” does not stop and the examples of this are monographic exhibitions, conferences scientific publications, etc.
Priority themes to be discussed:
1. Life path of the master;
2. Themes and images of Repin’s works;
3. “Repin’s places”: Repin in Russia and abroad; Repin and international ties of Russian art;
4. Techniques and technologies in Repin’s works;
5. Repin – traveler, Repin as a member of the Society of Traveling Art Exhibition;
6. Repin in the 20th century: Problems of study of Repin’s later work;
7. Repin – graphic artist and illustrator;
8. Repin – teacher, his pupils and followers, Repin in the history of the Imperial Academy of Arts;
9. Apistolary, memorial, art and critical heritage of Repin: history of study and publication;
10. Exhibitions dedicated to Repin’s creative work.